Annual Review 2018
The ASCENT Annual Review was held August 15-16, 2018 at the McKenna Conference Center at the University of Notre Dame. More than 150 ASCENT faculty, students and sponsors attended the event. Jonathan Volk, Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS) was the guest speaker at the review dinner held at the Purcell Pavilion. He discussed research opportunities for semiconductors on the International Space Station.
Congratulations to the following six ASCENT student/postdocs for receiving awards for the review's "best poster awards". The awards were based on technical content, visual presentation, and alignment with the Center vision. They were selected by the SRC Science Advisory Board members during the four poster sessions.
- Mahendra DC, U-Minnesota, "Room-temperature observation of spin-to-charge conversion by sputtered bismuth selenide"
- Ben Grisafe, Notre Dame, "Electrically driven reversible IMT phase transition in LaCoO3 for crosspoint selectors and phase-FET"
Poster SessionCagil Koroglu, Stanford, "Novel (nano)materials for thermal management of 3D integrated circuits"
- Xiaochen Peng, Arizona State, "Device-to-system evaluation framework for cognitive microsystems"
- Shehrin Sayed, UC Berkeley, "Theoretical framework of spintronic devices"
- Steven Wolf, UC San Diego, "Selective cobalt metal deposition from bis(1,4-di-tert-butyl-1,3-diazadienyl)cobalt"